Skip to content

Do You Need A Commercial Auto Insurance Policy?

    < 1 minute read

     You know that you need to have insurance coverage for your personal vehicle – liability, collision and comprehensive, personal injury protection, and uninsured motorists’ coverage.  Did you know that you may need the same kind of insurance coverage for the vehicle you use in your business?

    While there are similarities between the two, a commercial auto insurance policy differs from a personal auto insurance policy in many important ways.  Be sure to ask your auto insurance agency to explain all the technical details and your coverage options.

    Additionally, check with your auto insurance agency to ensure you have sufficient auto liability coverage.  In the state of California, for example, commercial auto insurance is important for businesses to have on any vehicle used to transport employees.  Without such coverage, should an accident should occur, you could find that not only your business assets but also your personal assets are at serious risk.

    Commercial auto insurance in California can cover the following types of vehicles:

    • Trucks
    • Vans
    • Cars
    • SUVs
    • Heavy trucks and trailers
    • Dump trucks
    • Box trucks

    To learn more, contact your auto insurance company to find out if you need a commercial auto insurance policy for your vehicle.

    This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. The definitions, terms and coverages in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.