Skip to content

My Home is for Sale, Can I keep my same Policy?

    < 1 minute read

    Selling your home can be an exciting time, especially if you are moving for a new opportunity, or upgrading to a larger home.  During a move, you will want to make sure that you are staying up to date with your insurance policy and the regulations that are in effect during this period.  If you are planning to live in your house until the closing date, your homeowner insurance policy should still be sufficient. 

    However, if your home is for sale and you leave it vacant, this can pose some problems such as a higher probability of fire, theft, vandalism and other damages to your property.  Dwelling Fire policies may be your solution.  This type of insurance policy generally has liberal guidelines in regards to residency requirements.  In addition, they offer protection for your dwelling, other structures on your property and give you the flexibility to endorse additional coverage that you may need.   For more information about Dwelling Fire policies, please contact