July 4th is just around the corner and many families will be traveling on the road to enjoy this great summer holiday.Â As youâ€™re preparing for the fun outdoor activities to come, make sure that you donâ€™t forget to protect your familyâ€™s safety during your travels.Â As many will be hitting the road, we have compiled these summer road trip tips to help you have a safe and enjoyable vacation.
Before you go:
- Have the car tuned-up
- Have your tires and tire pressure checked
- Check and fill fluids and gas before you get on the road
Have ready in the car:
- Your auto insurance card and paperwork
- Tools for fixing a flat. This includes a properly inflated spare tire and jack.
- GPS or maps â€“ particularly if you are traveling to a new destination
- Cell phone charger
- Emergency supplies for your family in case you do have car trouble
- Snacks and water for the kids
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Jumper cables
- Extra engine oil, washer fluid, etc.
- For those who like to nap in the car, a pillow and blanket may also make the ride more pleasant.
When loading up the car, take into consideration where these items are placed. You donâ€™t want to bury the snacks below the heavy suitcases in the event someone gets hungry while on the road.
Vacations and holidays are happy occasions.Â Use our road trip checklist to ensure you have everything you need help keep it on track.
For more information about auto insurance coverage, please see www.aisinsurance.com or call AIS at 888-772-4247.
This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. The definitions, terms and coverages in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.