In today’s fast-paced, modern world, it’s not uncommon for people to want to slow down, take stock of their lives, and ask some important questions, such as Where can I find cheap car insurance quickly because I’m really busy and don’t have a lot of time to spend on it?
Here’s a step-by-step guide for obtaining cheap car insurance.
1. Get a few different quotes. You can call around to different insurers, surf the Web and visit various insurance sites… or let AIS Insurance do all that for you!
2. Don’t buy coverage that you don’t need. If you don’t want or feel you need uninsured motorist coverage, discuss it with your agent and if you understand what you are giving up and still donâ€™t feel you need it, skip it. If your car is older, consider passing on the collision coverage but be sure you can shoulder the expense of either repairing or replacing your car if you are in an accident.
3. Boost your deductible. If you’re willing to pay $500 or $1,000 of any auto repair claim instead of $250 or $100, then auto insurers will often offer you a price break on your insurance premium.
4. Pay your premium in advance. Monthly payments are nice, but insurance companies would rather have your cash in hand ahead of time and save on the processing costs. So pay for six months or a year of coverage up front and avoid the installment fees.
5. Lower your driving miles. The fewer miles you drive each year, the lower your rates for auto insurance are likely to be. So think about working carpooling, buses, trains, or bicycle travel into your daily commute or periodic trips.
6. Be truthful about your driving indiscretions. Don’t take shortcuts — if you fib about any traffic citations or auto accidents, the insurance company will find out once they check your driving record.
7. Combine policies or drivers. Some insurers give you a discount for bundling auto coverage with homeownerâ€™s or renterâ€™s insurance. Others may charge you less for additional drivers than they would if these drivers had their own individual policies.
8. Know which groups to belong to. There’s strength in numbers, and that often translates into auto insurance savings. Alumni group, credit union, and trade organization memberships will frequently get you a discount on your premiums.
9. Take a driving course. Giving up a few hours of your day may be worth a steep discount on your auto insurance coverage. Most firms will give a discount just for completing one of these courses.
10. Consider usage-based insurance. Usage-based insurance is a policy in which you place a device in your car that monitors your actual driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, you may wind up paying less than you would for standard auto coverage.
Of course, you could argue that the answer to “Where can I find cheap car insurance?” simply consists of three letters: AIS. Auto Insurance Specialists have decades of experience in procuring affordable auto coverage for California drivers quickly and easily. In other words, the answer to the title question is just a click away!
This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. The definitions, terms and coverage’s in a given policy may be different than those suggested here and such policy will be governed by the language contained therein. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.