Maybe when your Car Insurance agent asked you if you wanted to add Roadside Assistance coverage to your policy, you said no. However, did you bother to ask about what type of protection it provides? Roadside Assistance isn’t just for your car, either. It covers motorcycles, classic cars, RVs and other street vehicles. Additionally, Roadside Assistance is typically easy and inexpensive to add to your Auto Insurance policy. So, why would you risk getting stuck on the side of the road?Â
Getting stranded when you’re having car trouble is always a terrible experience. YouÂ could be stuck in the scorching heat for hours. Or, you could be alone at night in the cold on an empty freeway. Even if you’re stranded on the side of a busy road in pleasant weather conditions, you still risk being struck by an oncoming car. These are some of the reasons you should consider purchasing Roadside Assistance. You never know when you may end up with a flat tire or dead battery.
Roadside Assistance may also cover more than you think. See below for some Roadside Assistance basics.
WhatÂ Is Covered By Roadside Assistance?
Different companies offer different protection plans. However, the following are some common types of coverage under Roadside Assistance:
- Fuel Delivery.Â Maybe you forgot to fill the tank and you run out of gas in the middle of nowhere.Â Luckily, you have coverage that will send someone to you so you can fuel up. You will have to pay for the cost of the gas, however.
- Dead Battery. If your battery dies out, your carrier will send out a professional to boost the battery and get you back on the road. Keep in mind that if youÂ require a new battery, you may have to pay for it.
- Lockouts. Donâ€™t be embarrassed that you locked your keys in the car. It happens all the time. A lockoutÂ is one instance where Roadside Assistance is the quickest way to get those keys back in your hand without damaging your car.
- Dead Car.Â What happens if your car dies and canâ€™t be restarted? You canâ€™t just leave it on the side of the road. You have to take it home or to a garage right away.Â Luckily, your towing costs are covered, but there may be a limit on the number of miles your car can be towed. There may also be a cap on how often you can use the service.
- Flat Tires. Not everyone knows how to change a flat tire.Â Or, maybe multiple tires are flat at once. Roadside Assistance can come to your rescue and either replace the tire(s) or tow your car to the nearest shop.
- Mechanical Failure.Â Basically, you’re covered for a tow for any reason, likeÂ your transmission falling out, your car overheating, etc. You can prepare for the unexpected with Roadside Assistance.
Speak With An Insurance Specialist
To find out more about adding Roadside Assistance to your policy, call (855) 919-4247 to speak with an Insurance Specialist. Your current insurance provider may offer just the coverage you’re looking for. Or, you may choose to go with a different company that offers better coverage for the same or even a lower cost. At AIS, we can help you find the best protection for the best rate. Ask yourself if having peace of mind is worth a couple extra bucks a month. That’s probably how much Roadside Assistance will cost you.
The information in this article is obtained from various sources. This content is offered for educational purposes only and does not represent contractual agreements. It should notÂ replace manuals or instructions provided by the manufacturer or the advice of a qualified professional. The definitions, terms and coverage in a given policy may be different than those suggested here. No warranty or appropriateness for a specific purpose is expressed or implied.